Here are the basic how-to steps to inactivate Items.
In this example, Items that have not sold in the last year will be inactivated.
Go to option [6.22] “Inactivate Items” (Previously: “Selectively Inactivate Items”)
- Select item Selection Method “1 … ONLY Your Responses to the Above Prompts”
- At “Restrict to Items Last Sold On or Before:” enter the date prior to which Items LAST Sold can be Inactivated (the Last Sold on Date). If you want to inactivate everything that has not sold for a year you can type in “-366.”
- Restrict to ONLY ONE Vendor? [No]
- Restrict to ONLY ONE Brand? [No]
- Restrict to ONLY ONE Item Category? [No]
- Select [ALL Categories]
- Restrict to ONLY ONE Item Group? [No]
- Select SPECIFIC Departments: [No]
- Restrict to SPECIFIC Green Attributes? [No]
- Show 12 Month Achieved Margin: [No]
- OK to Compile the List of Items to Inactivate: [Yes]
- Once the list is compiled, select [Inactivate]
- Select [Yes] to save.
- Purge (Delete) These Inactivated Items That Have NEVER Sold: [No]
- Enter your Initials.
- Press ESC to leave the inactivation process.
- Press ESC to go to the Inventory/Item Options menu.
- Press ESC to to to the Main Menu.